Senior Copywriter – Buffalo, NY
Are you an experienced copywriter with a passion for concepting and creating innovative campaigns that are attention-grabbing, brand-building and integrated into a broad media mix?
Do you thrive in a collaborative environment where team members brainstorm together and share ideas?
Are you a strategic thinker who can see the big picture and create compelling strategies that drive awareness, engagement and leads?
Are you more sneakers and jeans than business suits and briefcases?
If so, you just might be our next Senior Copywriter. Interested?
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, media, communications or related field
- 7+ years of copywriting experience in an agency or corporate advertising/marketing department setting
- Experience writing and editing copy for a variety of media, including online and digital content, video scripting, direct marketing, and traditional media
- Ability to develop key messaging and concepts based on client input and creative strategy
- Ability to collaborate with creative team members to develop concepts and build campaigns that integrate multiple media
- Excellent proofreading skills
- A strong understanding of marketing concepts
- A passion for continuous improvement, education and training
- A positive attitude, flexibility, and half-decent sense of humor
Here’s what will really get our attention:
- You’re a great communicator with an ability to make your point concisely and effectively, whether you’re writing a compelling email subject line, engaging digital content, or a complex B2B brochure.
- You have strong B2B experience and embrace taking the deep dive needed to learn and write about products you never knew existed
- You have a talent for developing spot on brand elements, including voice, tone and personality
- You have experience in developing content for digital advertising, landing pages, and the social media platforms where our clients’ audiences live
- You’re a problem solver who can think proactively, strategize, and maintain the flexibility to change course as needed
Here’s how you’ll contribute to the Manzella team:
- Collaborate with and provide day-to-day support to both the internal marketing team and our clients
- Help develop strategy and write content for integrated campaigns incorporating a variety of media
- Work with Creative Director to develop key messaging and copy for campaigns based on client input and creative strategy
- Collaborate with the creative team to brainstorm concepts and help shape overall strategic direction
- Understand client objectives and target audience and recommend marketing strategies and tactics to help achieve those goals
- Work with clients and creative team to develop brand identity, including brand voice and tone
- Assimilate existing client brand guidelines to integrate an established brand voice into communications
- Meet with clients to present creative concepts, gain feedback and ensure all content is consistent with client objectives
- Work closely with Director of Marketing and Creative Services to ensure campaigns meet client objectives and to keep projects on time and on budget
- Collaborate with account and creative team members to develop proposals, create new business pitches and answer RFPs when needed
- Maintain open communication with all team members and work within the established creative process to maximize productivity
Here’s who we are:
- One of Western New York’s top 10 marketing agencies, with a 35-year history of developing successful and innovative marketing campaigns
- Equally passionate about our team as we are about our community and clients
- A fun group of innovative thinkers with diverse backgrounds and various perspectives
- Believers in balancing hard work with good vibes
- Interested in your self-awareness, intellectual honesty, and positive energy
- Excited to hear from you!
Sound like a good fit? Apply here!